In order to address these needs, SSCHC partners have engaged (or are currently involved) in the following activities
- Distribution of $22,000 in grants to the Towns of Barrington, Lee, Madbury and Rollinsford and the City of Somersworth to update their local emergency operations plans. Up-to-date plans will include a comprehensive section addressing the public health and medical needs of the community.
- Facilitation of meetings of first responders and school, health and municipal officials to identify ways that local-level agreements can be used to strengthen emergency plans related to health and human service needs on a regional level
- Regular trainings for local health officers (Held in coordination with the Northern Strafford County Health and Safety Council)
- Participation in local and regional emergency response exercises
- Creation of an emergency response resource directory for Strafford County